- Clinicians are forced to actively select the correct droplet size of the applicable infusion set being used, thereby ensuring correct calibration of the infusion device;
- Clinicians can now properly calibrate the infusion set;
- The tedious conversion of milliliter per hour to drops per milliliter and vice versa is done by the IV™trend, eliminating possible human error.
- Constant flow rate means correct therapeutic concentration of the therapy being administered which leads to higher efficiency of the therapy;
- Studies have shown a substantial and potential time saving of clinical staff’s time spent managing infusion sets;
- IV2™trend will assist staff by attaining the desired flow rate effortlessly and instantaneously.
- Intuitive software design and multi-language support ensure that the IV™trend is simple, easy to use and that virtually no training is required;
- Flow rate calibration and monitoring capabilities are built-in;
- If used in conjunction with the IV™flow, the constant hydrostatic pressure means constant flow rate and no or little recalibration is required;
- Any staff member can now effectively assist in flow rate monitoring.
- It can be used in conjunction with virtually any gravity based infusion, transfusion or oncology set*.
- The patient has peace of mind knowing that the flow rate is correct and he/she is receiving high level-care;
- The health care provider leaves a positive and professional impression as a high-level provider.
* Tests are currently being conducted for the IV™flow’s compatibility with blood products / TPN as well as with volumetric infusion pumps. The results are expected and will be made available in October 2004.